M.B.A - MARKETING & HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (2 Year Course)
- M.B.A - Marketing & Human Resource Management Course is approved & conducted under collaboration with the Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu.
A Dual Specialization in HR/Marketing will help you to prepare yourself to meet the diverse set of challenges present in today's competitive business environment - from understanding the evolving needs of the consumer, to managing sale s, to overseeing international marketing and distribution operations.
The specialization electives are designed to enhance the student's skills in such hr and marketing-focused areas as market research, consumer behavior, product development, and relationship management, industrial relations, organization development, human resource development, strategic hr planning, while expanding the core business knowledge and skill areas to build the perspective needed to interact effectively with executive management as a strategic partner. Students will have the opportunity to synthesize and apply what they have learned into a final business plan.
- Two years full time programmes. (both Regular and Distance mode)
- No. of semesters : Two semester each in the1st and 2nd year for the fulltime MBA program, 1st to 3rd semester programme are class room teaching and 4th semester will be exclusively on-site/ on job training in an institution engaged in maritime activities.
- Duration of one semester : In Regular Mode: 15 weeks of direct teaching and 2- 3 weeks for examination and related activities (beginning from July/August to December and January to April/May in each academic year) Classes will be conducted from Monday to Friday (9.00 Am to 4.00 Pm) 75% Attendance is Compulsory for every Semester
In Distance Mode: For Every Semester, 72 hrs of Contact Classes will be Conducted at Chennai (On Saturday and Sunday) Minimum 50% Attendance will be required.
- Credit requirements : A total of 96 credit hours (one credit hour is equal to 15 hours of class room teaching)
- Project duration :Eight to 12 weeks after the 3rd semester for the programme.
- Attendance : For completing the programme, Attendance in 75% of the total sessions is necessary.
However it is desirable to maintain a reasonable level of attendance in every course.
- Eligibilty : Any degree from a recognized University with 50 % marks.(OR)
Mariners holding the following professional qualification obtained after a minimum duration of study-cum-training of 6 years after 10+2 leading to:
a) Master Foreign Going Certificate of Competency.(OR)
b) First Class Motor or Steam or Combined (Chief Engineer) Certificate of Competency issued by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India or its counterparts in other countries.
Gender - Boys and Girls are eligible to apply
Registration of Seats :
Candidates should submit duly filled application forms along with DD of amount Rs.10,000 drawn in favour of “International Maritime Academy”, payable at Chennai for registration of seats.
M.B.A fee Structure – Regular
Tution Fees Rs. 40,000/ Semester
M.B.A fee Structure – Distance Education
Tution Fees Rs. 20,000/ Semester