M.I.B. MBA - ITERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT – (2 Years Course)
- M.I.B – Programme in International Business Course is approved & conducted under collaboration with Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu.
Objectives & Job Opportunities:
In our globalised economy, organisations large and small fight to compete in international markets. This programme studies organisations, their management and the global environment in which they operate, giving you a comprehensive business management education with an international perspective.
Our International Business Management programmes are ideal for those with a global outlook and international aspirations, offering modules that develop both your core business management knowledge and a more specialist, specific understanding of the international aspects of the subject.
You will also enjoy a comprehensive business management education on the programmes, building a fundamental skills base and an understanding of how businesses operate. As well as professional management practice – from accounting and economics to marketing, operations and organisationalbehaviour – you will be brought face-to-face with the challenges of managing people, finances, operations and customers.
Graduates of the programme will be able to meld theory and its application in the real world and are therefore likely to be highly attractive to employers as future strategic leaders and senior managers.
- Two years full time programmes. (both Regular and Distance mode)
- No. of semesters : Two semester each in the1st and 2nd year for the fulltime MBA program, 1st to 3rd semester programme are class room teaching and 4th semester will be exclusively on-site/ on job training in an institution engaged in maritime activities.
- Duration of one semester : In Regular Mode: 15 weeks of direct teaching and 2- 3 weeks for examination and related activities (beginning from July/August to December and January to April/May in each academic year). Classes will be conducted from Monday to Friday (9.00 Am to 4.00 Pm) 75% Attendance is Compulsory for every Semester
In Distance Mode: For Every Semester, 72 hrs of Contact Classes will be Conducted at Chennai (On Saturday and Sunday) Minimum 50% Attendance will be required.
- Credit requirements : A total of 96 credit hours (one credit hour is equal to 15 hours of class room teaching)
- Project duration :Eight to 12 weeks after the 3rd semester for the programme.
- Attendance : For completing the programme, Attendance in 75% of the total sessions is necessary. However it is desirable to maintain a reasonable level of attendance in every course.
- Eligibilty : Any degree from a recognized University with 50 % marks.(OR) Mariners holding the following professional qualification obtained after a minimum duration of study-cum-training of 6 years after 10+2 leading to:
a) Master Foreign Going Certificate of Competency.(OR)
b) First Class Motor or Steam or Combined (Chief Engineer) Certificate of Competency issued by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India or its counterparts in other countries. Gender -Boys and Girls are eligible to apply
Registration of Seats :
Candidates should submit duly filled application forms along with DD of amount Rs.10,000 drawn in favour of “International Maritime Academy”, payable at Chennai for registration of seats.
M.B.A fee Structure – Regular
Tution Fees Rs. 40,000/ Semester
M.B.A fee Structure – Distance Education
Tution Fees Rs. 20,000/ Semester